Sunday, July 03, 2011

Drawn Thread Vintage piece

I found this beautiful vintage drawn thread embroidery piece for a steal at a local consignment shop.
I tried doing some research on the pattern but haven't found much information to conclusively claim the origin of this piece. The Drawn Thread technique came from Italy and was adopted in many east European countries and it may be from Ukraine but its tough to say that without any doubt.

I am sharing some pictures please let me know if you have any clues.





Thank you for all your tips and informations :)

3 comments:

  1. Try out following link.

    http://www.findvintagehanky.info/antique-hankies/drawn-linen/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nishith, I did look up the link and its very informational but so far I haven't managed to find the origin of my particular piece. I love it anyways :-)

    ReplyDelete