Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Rosemary and Garlic Potatoes

This side dish is an off-shoot of my all time favorite dish to make specially on a weekday. I used to make Chicken with Rosemary and Garlic along with baby potatoes until one summer when my parents were visiting us and I had to tweak the recipe for my Mom who is a staunch vegetarian. 
It is very simple to make and I have tried making it on stove top as well by sautéing the potatoes.

Here is the recipe in pictures for making it in the oven.
Wash the baby potatoes and make slits in them. Usually I don't take the time and slice them in twos or fours depending upon the size but following the post about these potatoes in the blog, a beautiful mess, I made parallel cuts instead. It was a time consuming process but the presentation made it worth the time.
I warmed up in the microwave, a stick of butter and added some rosemary, minced garlic and salt & pepper to it.
I rubbed the butter mixture on the individual potatoes with the help of a brush and laid them in an un-greased roasting dish.
I let them bake in the oven for almost an hour at 425 deg F until they were done. In the hind sight I think starting out I should have covered them in aluminium foil for the first half. It took a little longer than usual but in the end turned out good.

It was a wonderful side dish and everyone enjoyed it.
Give it a try and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment