Monday, August 25, 2014

Catching a breath...

A street corner in Italy
Just came back from a whirlwind trip to Italy and India. As excited as I was to get away, I am happy to be back to the lulling comfort of a routine. I loved the exotic and I’m ready to the same old… for some time to come at least.
Vishnu Dashavtar 
I’ll share my travel stories in upcoming posts and I am really excited about them since I delegated some of them to DH (darling husband). We spent a week in Rome and Tuscany and then about 3 weeks in the northern part of India. I had the opportunity to see some wonderful architecture, meet some artisans and of course spend time with family. And as I said more on that coming soon

German farmland from air
Taking a break from the routine is a wonderful reset button that re-programs the established patterns and invigorates you. After the trip, the ideas are just pouring in and I am trying to find ways to prioritize yet not get overwhelmed and cocooned into procrastination.
A street corner in Lucknow, India
Just started reading the book ‘Manage your day to day’ on the instagram recommendation of Pam Garrison. I am always inspired by her art work and hope that this book has some pointers for me to pursue an artist career while also working full time as an engineer in my day-job. I have been at it for quite some time but looking to some sustainable routines that can evolve overtime.
Imarti, one of our favorite sweet from India

An ornate door from India


1 comment:

  1. How wonderful!
    Can't wait to see and hear more about your trip :)

    ReplyDelete