Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Week in Life - 2014, Day 2

Today is day 2 of recording my week and it started beautifully. I had forgotten put my regular alarm but woke up right on time 4:51 am, thanks to my puppy. I guess, I have yet to make a formal post about welcoming our new puppy into the family but you’ll get to hear a lot about him this week before the intended post is uploaded.

Anyways, even before the first rays of sun hit the sky, I was done making three entrees for my annual party at work. We are trying out recipes to make food ourselves. And had walked the dog and my FitBit had recorded 9 minutes of activity already.

And when the sun actually came out, it cast a beautiful pink glow in the living room. It was so gorgeous that I was tempted to play hooky and just sit and watch the sun rise up from its slumber.

Sunrise Today: 7:44 AM

The day progressed fine, a lit bit slow. I only had 5 hours and 17 minutes of sleep with 6 interruptions of restlessness... thanks to my new gadget now I can find specific reason to pity myself. Gonna leave the work details out of this post but for lunch we tried some yummy contributory food cooked and now I know I'll be cooking about about 40 lbs for meat for an upcoming work party.

Just noticed that there is snow predicted for later in the evening and that has dampened my spirits... although I shouldn't really complain the weather has been so gorgeous lately.

Was trying to take a selfie with Leo, and then he decided to lick me
Coat, hat and shoes are always ready by the door as we train Leo
Took my younger daughter for swimming and worked on my hand quilting project while waiting to utilize the time.
Grandma's Fan, my current hand quilting project
Sunset Today: 6:05 PM

Its gonna dip below freezing in the next couple of days… blowing out sprinklers

Left over sweets, fruits and nuts sitting on center island, tempting me to eat them
Dinner today, was all left over. Matar (Peas) and Paneer (Indian Cottage cheese) curry and rice. The lack of sleep caught up to me by the evening and I have since been moving with a fog around my head. 

Matar Paneer & Rice
Spent most of the evening organizing kids rooms and their laundries. Didn't meet my 10,000 steps, I'm 2300 short.
I washed puppy's blankets as well and I would like to think that he's all smiles :-)
This Raccoon is the noisiest and his most favorite toy
Hope for better and longer sleep tonight… back with updates tomorrow :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment