Thursday, April 07, 2016

Exploring Sacramento: Mid-town Murals...

As much as I love clean lines and fresh minimalist decor, there is something about the murals in a city street that makes it so inviting and less intimidating… its like someone cares about them.
It was during one of the educational walks of my Planning course at UC Davis that I discovered these murals in the Midtown Sacramento. Before this encounter, the city that I had met was very formal and business like or so I thought. The walk was so refreshing it was like finding the fun and exuberant side of your very stern co-worker during a happy hour.
This realization, that we often don't know all facets of a person or a city or a place but still form strong opinions about it based on the limited encounter,  prompted me to share the colorful pictures of mid-town Sacramento. If you are a local or a visitor, you might see this city in a new light or perhaps it will prompt you to take another look at the city you live in.

Electric box or a Robot on street corner 
Park your dreams here while you face the realities of life...
Who needs to window shop, I'll admire the wall instead
Corner of K street and 4th street, signage or art






Save water, soak it up anyway you can...

Recycled art anyone?
Colorful and admired...


Hope you enjoyed this excursion to Sacramento city with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment