Friday, August 26, 2016

First time trying Poke at Fish Face

I was in the middle of an important conversation when my tummy rumbled (it was almost lunch time) and my kind boss suggested we carry the discussion over lunch. She asked what am I in the mood for and I commented anything is good, salads, Japanese food or whatever she might want.

She snapped her fingers and said I have a perfect place for you, lets go for Japanese salad, Poke. I had not tried Poke before but I'm up for trying new food so it was decided that we'll go to Fish Face Poke Bar located at the Warehouse Artist Lofts in Sacramento historic district. Fish Face is a poke restaurant that offers a variety of fresh seafood salads and hand rolls with vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options on the menu.
Love the mural on Wall at WAL
The best part about Fist Face is that they use locally sourced and sustainable ingredients, and use products that are recyclable and compostable.
Wouldn't world be a better place if we only took what we need now and not for the perceived need of the future...
I picked, make your own salad option and it included Ahi Tuna, Octopus, Spicy Kimchi Ponzu, Daikon sprouts, Mango, white and green onions with Hiyashi Wakame Seaweed. They had local beer and Sake on the menu as well but it being a work day I didn't want to drink so I'll have to try that another time. Speaking of Sake, we recently went sake tasting and absolutely loved it, should share that experience soon.

I loved my poke salad, it was simple, fresh and full of flavor. I would definitely go back. My boss had a similar salad to mine and loved her salad, this is her favorite poke place anyways.

With the Sacramento mural festival going on (my previous post) and the pleasant weather this weekend accompanied by Poke salad would be a perfect outing to downtown Sacramento.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment