Monday, September 14, 2009

Life's Good...

We came back from Florida trip with barely enough time to get ready for going back to the school but even with half done laundry and undone dishes kids did manage to attend the school each day of the short week.
I had a few deadlines at work, you know the kind where you thought you have wrapped it up and left it behind only to discover that it has been sneaking up on you. But even though it’s not out the door yet, I think I have it under control.

So to compensate for a highly haphazard week, we stayed home all weekend, trying to mount the pile of laundry and get to the bottom of the sink, and I am proud to announce that succeed we did but you know how it is, as soon as you are done sparkling you kitchen sink, you have the urge to drink tea and the within minutes it’s the same story again.
Saturday lunch was a goat meat curry cooked the traditional Indian style, just to bribe my DH for the upcoming navratris (10 days of no meat and no wine for the family and no cereal or lentils either for me). DH has a hard time being restricted to a vegeterrible diet as he calls it but succumbs to it twice every year based on lunar calendar that the Hindu religion follows.
Just so if you haven’t experienced an Indian meal yourself, I need to inform you that they tend to fall on the heavier side and have some sort of sleep inducing ingredients in it. So to avoid taking a nap in the afternoon, we spent time at the library and then evening shopping for unnecessary things at the mall.
Sunday was equally laid back, we had friends over for lunch and then again to stop the sleep inducing agents to overcome our senses, we decided to kick off our apple picking season by spending the afternoon at the nearby orchard. We had lots of fun and now lots of apples to feed an army, but it should work out just fine with the upcoming vegiterrible days when my main diet is restricted to fruit, milk and yogurt.

So after a relaxing weekend like that, the week ahead is bound to be good.
It started this morning with a coffee like liquid oozing out from the water dispenser of the refrigerator door and further inspection revealed that this was fermented barley liquid popularly known as beer that was kept in the freezer yesterday before lunch and then over the course of conversation the preferred drink shifted to red wine leading the beer to its fate where the liquid survived but its oomph is lost. By the way, if you are ever in a similar situation don’t throw out the beer, it is a very good hair conditioner. I am sure tonight my DH wouldn’t mind sleeping next to a beer fragranced wife but if you were to follow this beauty tip, you might want to check with your significant other… Anyways, so I cleaned up the freezer but forgot to check the ice maker, hopefully kids won’t get an urge to eat/drink ice before leaving for school otherwise I know about the meeting I am having at the end of the day…

With that beery note oops, I meant to say cheery note… will be back later.
I know I am a little behind in updating words with the pictures but the way I justified it to myself is that it’s better to have too many memories to keep up with than the other way round…

No comments:

Post a Comment