Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Circle of friends Album...

This is a page that I made for the circle of friends album... a bunch of us friends decided we need to create an album with a physical reminder of our friendship, of the things we cherish and share among us... so each of us created an 8in x 8in page about ourselves for each of us (18 in total) and then our friend Tracy, sorted them and bunched them together and now we all have an album with memories of our friends in it.

SIDE 1:


SIDE 2:


I had a tough time designing my page because I couldn’t find words to say about me... I play lots of roles, I like to do many things, I love and value some things but at the same time, I am who other people see me as (open to interpretation) and also constantly changing and constantly growing... how does one put all that on a sheet of paper, so I chose visual aids that represents many things and at the same time its open to interpretation... like:

The world map picture represents the country I am from and also my love for travel....

The red color sari dot represents my faith, my favorite costume, my love for craft etc...

The bridge sketch represents my profession as a bridge designer and also the symmetry that I usually design with and the balance that I seek...

The pattern paper with jumbled alphabets represents my love for words and their hidden meaning, my quest for figuring out life... ETC

I even left one spot for a potential circle empty cause there is more to come and I don't know what that is...

The design inspiration came from iPhone ad in the apple store and my original idea was to put it all on white cardstock but I chose transparency just as an experiment...
(Later I was talking to my Mom about how some people thought that I was a Hawaiian while I was traveling there and my mom reminded me how I have that quality to blend in with people and still maintain my individuality... it felt good to hear that cause my Mom is not the type who’d say pretty words to boost her daughter’s confidence...) And I realized that my choice of the background of my layout was just another of my qualities...

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to be more regular in updating my creative blog in future...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Shalini. I understand how you feel about having a hard time talking about yourself. Scrapbooking has helped me in that regard but still have a way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey

    Thanks for taking a peep at my blog. You seem to be quite unlike most engineers that I've come across. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete