Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Word for the year 2009

I had decided to not pick any word for this New Year.
It seems silly to use just one word as your guide/goal for the entire year and besides I am no where closer to realizing the goals (Love for 2007 and Balance for 2008) that I had set earlier.

Even though I realize that time is constant and unaware of any units that we may use to define it with, I had high hopes as we crossed this milestone but just one week into the new year and I am feeling worse than before... everything around me, built by me is tanking... my work, my relations, my home... nothing is where I expect it to be!
So I did decide to pick a word to be my constant guide for the year....

P E A C E

When I am agitated or disappointed a very dear friend often reminds me:

‘There is nothing outside you that disturbs you’.

Using this saying as my inspiration, I’d like to find peace with in me and then hope to be in peace with my surroundings. At this moment I feel at a loss, as if I have no control over anything and I am worth nothing... truly despicable, completely replaceable...
I feel that way within me and that’s how people around me feel about me, I hope to feel better about myself in this passing year and when I write about my journey through 2009, I hope it ends on a happier note...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shalini
    No resolutions as such. But what I do want is not to hear of any more untimely deaths. A friend of mine lost her 43year old husband on Boxing Day. They had gone to Bombay for a holiday & he suffered a fatal heart attack.
    So yes all I want is for my nearest & dearest to spend a bit more time with their loved ones.
    hugs
    Yasminx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the word Peace. I have many resolutions. I really want to spend more time with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shalini -- I think your word is a good one for all of us. I know it is for me. I feel inner struggles and turmoil quite often and am constantly striving for that inner peace that I hope will bring peace to what is outside.

    Don't be so hard on yourself. We are always harder on ourselves than we need to be. You are intelligent, caring and giving. You are a great mother and a hard worker. Believe in yourself.

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete