Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Need that Sunshine baby... Documenting a week in Life

Day 2: 20 Apr 2010
Today was one of those days, a total contrast from yesterday when alarm rang and I thought why am I alive. I don't know if it happened in my dreams or lack there of but nothing made me happy... I kept my scheduled, talked to my mom-dad on the way to work and then it was a series of meetings. I thought to myself, how boring is my life, what do I record, the meeting minutes?
Anyways my friend who I have known for about a month said she has never seen me more tired... another blow on my face!
Then my agent called telling me we got a low ball offer on our house that we are trying to sell, another blow...
I was about to call sick and go home when my friend Simone (same as above) called me and left a message, she got done with her classes early and asked me to meet at the gym. BLAH... that was a last think I wanted...

so we decided to walk outside instead, a 3 mile walk on summit avenue. The sunshine did me good and Simone said, 'You needed that Sunshine, Baby'...
Went back to work and tackled a spreadsheet before leaving for home...


At home DH was working from home today and found a package at the door steps :) My shipment from GAP arrived... God was trying his best to cheer me up! Then after meeting the agent to tackle the low ball offer, I picked up kids from school.
Kids came home and finished there left over lunch from school and then had their favorite snack, yoghurt. While I ate spinach and hummus roll for my after noon snack. I talked to my SIL, Deepali before getting started with dinner.

After that Divi and I hung out, I checked my mails while Somu got to watch 'electric company' on PBS.


Today was a day when I changed into my sleeping clothes way before dinner. I was, I am tired...
Then there is always laundry that needed folding and dishes that needs to be put away.


For dinner I made parathas, sauteed potato in butter with cumin and thai chili and yellow dal... While kids read their book, Saumya read 'Jatak tales' comic book and Divya flipped through 'India, my land' book

We watched a bit of TV (NDTV good times) while eating dinner and then started the night time rituals which includes listening to muppets' Manamana...

1 comment:

  1. such a coincidence I was to make sauted potatoes too but ended up making vegatables in pasta sauce :)

    ReplyDelete