Friday, April 23, 2010

A lousy Mom Friday... Documenting a day in life

I don't know where to begin documenting my thursday, when did my day began at 2:00am when Divi puked for the first time at night or at 4:30am when we were finally settled enough to sleep or at 8:00am when I finally got out of the bed...
Anyways, last night I fed Divi while distracting her with random things and later when she puked at night I kind of blamed myself for her situation. But she such a spirited baby, she never fails to surprise me, especially when she is sick and everybody tends to be at their worst...

My day was very disoriented and I didn't get much accomplished at work, but I did celebrate two birthdays, Tom and I walked to a Kurdish restaurant for lunch and a belated birthday party and we were so engrossed in conversation that I forgot to take pictures of our food before we ate it...



Our server let me borrow the belly dancing belt and we posed for a picture


I walked back alone and on the way chatted with my SIL over phone...


Once back at work we celebrated Mary's golden B'day with a cake.



While trying to get through the tasks, I lost track of time and forgot that I promised Somu a play date with Shawn. I barely made it to the park...
But on the way back Somu wasn't as happy as I thought she would be she said, "why did you take me to a dirty place". Well they played with sand and water and so she knew she'd have to take a bath once we got home and she hates baths... just as much as Daddy.





So, to make it up we picked up Taco's from Chipotle for the girls and it was Divi's turn to get annoyed, she wanted chicken nuggets and not Taco's.



After bath and dinner for kids and tea and snack for adults we read a book and Mom had another lousy moment... I breezed through the first chapter fine but my eyes closed half way through the next one... I guess last night was catching up...



We ate cannoli that DH got for us


then, I recommended that we go for a drive and girls get to see Mamma's office from outside, I had to finish a few things from the afternoon, then on the way back a drive on the high bridge and loud hindi music in the car...

Back home, I had regained some energy so I tried the costume that I'll be wearing at the dance performance in May, it was custom ordered from India so I needed to make sure it fits right.



DH took some artsy shots



Girls got excited to get Bindis, Somu said, Mamma now everybody will know I am an Indian. I like that the girls are proud of their roots and don't see it as a hassle.

And we called it a night...
(Of course then my computer time began...)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was surely a busy day...Hope divi is doing fine now.You look BEAUTIFUL in saree...

    ReplyDelete