Friday, December 09, 2016

Mother... - restaurant review

Food, nurturing and sustenance seems so synonymous with mother (or parent) that even if an adult is talked to in a patronizing motherly (parentally) tone he or she is going to give in, specially when it comes to delicious food.
My friend chose this restaurant 'Mother' located on K street between 10th and 11th street and even before I entered to meet my friend, I saw this board and I knew its a perfect place to eat food and besides, someone please tell me, how do I refuse to go in after reading that sign...

The food at Mother's was simple and delicious and oh! I forgot to mention, its all vegetarian as in meatless, though they do have eggs and dairy products. I loved the unfussy preparations and fresh tastes.
Most items on the menu are seasonal and based on the selection I assume locally sourced as well.
Above here is a fresh green salad with heirloom tomatoes, peaches and a dollop of burrata cheese. My friend let me take a bite of it and the freshness of the meal blew me away... I plan to try making this salad at home sometime soon.

I ordered a bun-less nut burger and it was served on a bed of arugula and topped with caramelized onion. I loved the slight crunch and nuttiness of the burger but wasn't too fan of the condiments, just commercially available mustard and ketchup... It could have been something imaginative :-)
This third dish that we ordered is a vegetable curry with eggplants, zucchini, mushrooms, etc. served with brown rice and a freshly cracked egg like the bibimbap. I of course tried a bite of the curry and it was wonderful and the vegetables were tender but not disintegrating, I'd call that perfection.
 
I loved trying this new restaurant despite being a voracious meat eater and will definitely be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment