Monday, November 27, 2023

Right Now: A wiritng exercise

See: I see a stack of book some half read, others waiting to be opened, patiently waiting on my night stand for their turn.

Hear: I hear laughter from a television show trying its best to reach my ears above the constant hum of the air conditioner. I can't make out the words but can tell its a happy scene.

Smell: I smell the leftover scent of sandalwood on the inner wrist from last night. The smell isn't strong but the memory of the evening is fresh and words on tip of my toungue ready to start another heartfelt conversation.

Taste: All tastes are cleansed by the sensation of fresh toothpaste in my mouth. Taste has such a funny connection to brain, it seems without the taste and texture, my brain can't remember the food it ate, just the feeling of being satiated lingers.

Feel: I feel on my skin a cozy fleece blanket announcing that winter season is here. This is the season to explore within rather than bring outside experiences in.


No comments:

Post a Comment