Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Your color personality is: Green

I am in one big dilemma. Green isn’t my color; I mean I try to be as green as possible with a busy life but when it comes to physical color it isn’t my first choice. In fact there is no room in my new house that is going to be decorated predominantly green.

The only green wall color (partial) would be in girls play room to balance out the pink that I am thinking about using. Other than that girls’ bedroom would have a few green accents to add punch to the lavender and white room and the guest bedroom would have a few sprigs of it.

So now back to my dilemma. I was planning on painting my bedroom this cool shade of blue grey and it’s not even remotely green. But this personality test that I took over at Better Homes and Garden website insists that green would recharge me. I guess I need to contemplate…LOL


What is your color Personality?
It sounds like the hue you most relate to is green -- the color most evocative of nature. Adjectives such as kind, gentle, and contemplative likely describe you. You enjoy being involved with your neighbors and coworkers, but you also require plenty of time to yourself to recharge.You are social yet introverted, and modern but not trendy. Surround yourself with your signature color to create a restful, soothing environment. From sage to hunter, green can work well in virtually every room of your house. Use it generously to create a haven you'll love coming home to.

I’ll let you know how things pan out in the end, but at this moment I think I am going to go with my design instinct rather than what a magazine website says based on some generic software. You know there could be ‘bugs’ in the program. (My husband designs computer software for a living so I know ‘bugs’ are an integral part of job security ;))


On a completely different note, because I owe a reply to my friend and it’s been slipping my mind, I am going to tell you how I hang my pictures on the wall.
Push pins are my best friend when there is a design emergency and I need to hang something on the wall right at the moment when I thought of it. For lighter things (small photo frames or small masks) it works even in the long run but bigger and heavier things need the monkey hook for longer durations. They are almost as quick as the push pins but are much more reliable.
When the job requires something sturdier than these like mirrors or bigger canvas, I lean on picture hooks. Anything beyond that which needs an anchor in the wall, a stud locator or a drill bit, sits on the floor leaning against the wall it is supposed to hang on till DH takes pity on it and adopts it as his project.

So, I hope it helps with your next hanging project…

No comments:

Post a Comment