Monday, August 27, 2012

dESIGN sPONGE, BOOK REVIEW

I had expressed my displeasure for the decorating trends that has been passed along as Design styles in a previous Post (What is Design?) and since then I have moved away from the sites that promote pictures from 'trends' and how to achieve the looks but one site that has consistently inspired me to be myself despite the trends is 'Design Sponge'.  I spotted their book at the local book store and had to browse it right away. I was using it as an eye candy and as a distraction but ended up coming away with a lot of easy to implement ideas and tons of inspiration to reuse the things I already own/cherish in newer styles.

Its a long post mostly loaded with pictures that I saved for my own inspiration but sharing it with you anyways cause they are so versatile and representation of strong design with personal tastes.


Love the whites...

Vintage bottle collection

Play of patterns

Ethnic fabric on chair

love the greenery for sun room

Books in style, art on display

Unexpected and tied well together

Inspiration for the ceiling 

Canopy for girl who like to read in peace...

Layers of pattern play well on the chair

I loved the DIY section of the book and the most amazing part is that they are totally doable... do check out the book if you get a chance and looking to switch things around in your pad.  

Succulents in brick wall

Display with log rings and wine glasses

Tabel runner with doilies 

Old maps cover the photo boxes...

3-D & White paint create a cohesive look

Wallpaper to spruce up wine crate shelf

Suzani fabric for upholstery

Tie back with old fork



Butterfly display



No comments:

Post a Comment