Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pumpkin Pie

My coworker had a few extra pumpkins and offered it to me, that prompted me to make my own pumpkin pie from scratch for the very first time. I was surprised to find that there weren't many pumpkin pie recipes available that started from a pumpkin, most started from a can.  I found one recipe from a farm website that grew and sold pumpkin and it turned out really good.

I am going to share recipe/process through pictures...
The pumpkin, wine bottle is just for size reference
Pillsbury Fast Slow Cooker Cookbook By Pillsbury Editors (COR) (Google Affiliate Ad)Pillsbury Best Muffins And Quick Breads Cookbook By Pillsbury Company (EDT) (Google Affiliate Ad)
The pumpkin was too big to fit in Oven, so cut into pieces

Scoop out the guts

Bake at 350F for 60 - 90 min

Bake the seeds while you are at it :-)
Puree the pulp, freeze the extra

Mix puree with eggs, evaporated milk and spices
Blend

I used pillsbury pie crusts

Pre-bake crust for 3 minutes at 425F

Add filling and bake for 45 min at 425F


I covered the edges with foil to prevent browning after 25 min

The finished product - serve with cool whip :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment