Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year, New intention - take 'ACTION'


Happy New Year Folks,

I wanted to do a wrap up of year 2012 but too much is going on in my mind right now to quietly reflect on the lessons learned from the experiences. I will get to it someday but right now I need to share the excitement of all that that is about to come.
I am standing on the verge of a cliff and I see a village of possibilities ahead of me and I know in my heart that I’ll be there in no time even though I don’t see the path yet. I feel the moment when the wind is gathering under the wings and it’ll soar up in no time. It is my year to take ‘ACTION’ and materialize the ideas I have been exploring, the plans I have been making …

Last year’s intention was ‘Do’ and I did a lot, a lot of things that came my way and needed my hand, I just kept flowing with it. I didn't get far with my to-do list but was constantly Doing things as they needed to be done. As I said 2012 would be a topic for another day but right now I want to feel the excitement and the trepidation that come along with all new things about to come… I need to take ACTION…

I need to take ‘ACTION’ to provide means for the underprivileged so that they can become self-reliant and find motivation in their lives without much external interference.  
I want the children to get basic education and women to find safety for themselves and their family. I want rural artisans to find a market for their products and be able to provide for their families. I want people to confront their problems, talk about it and find solutions.

I think if people just own their responsibilities and help their own selves, keep their actions in check and take only what they need, the world would be a much better place. And I have to do my part to make it a better world. 

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a great intention!
    It is something I keep in the back of my mind for my own children.
    How important it is for them to become self-reliant, no matter how much I feel pulled to step in sometimes.

    ReplyDelete