Monday, March 04, 2013

One Billion Rising - Twin Cities Valentine Day Event

My word of the year for 2013, to inspire me and to guide me is 'Action'. I put my intentions out to the universe at the beginning of the year and even though I have been actively working towards my intentions (betterment of the underprivileged) for past 4 years or so this year I plan to roll out a project of my own. There are a lot of things (mostly talks of collaborations) in the pipe line and I'll keep you posted as dreams start taking physical shapes. 
One of my big goal is to work for the safety and security of women and so this twin cities Valentine Day event for One Billion rising was just in line for my thoughts - to raise  awareness, to find more ways that we can help locally. Often words like 'the oppression of poor' reverberates life in a third world country but you'll be amazed to know how many people need support and strength to stand up for their rights even in the developed countries... 

There were several V-day events in twin cities this year but I went to this particular one at Powderhorn organized by a very good friend and activist; an out door event with several fire pits to keep us warm and a hand held light for stage lighting, on a cold 18 deg F day. Sisters' Camelot provided warm soups and baked goodies to provide warmth, inside and out... 

So, here follows some pictures and no words... 














Hope to inspire you to take action to turn your dreams into a reality or help someone else reach there's... Thankful for my very lovely and supporting family who didn't even raise an eyebrow when I decided to spend a major portion of my V-day evening away from the family celebration...

No comments:

Post a Comment